Thursday, October 18, 2012

More Than Just A Novelty, Solid Gold Wolf King Tells Me Myah Likes Bison!


The Good: Very nutritious, Myah loves it!
The Bad: Comparatively expensive.
The Basics: Myah makes me wish I was rich as she mows down on the Solid Gold Wolf King Bison adult dog food vigorously whenever we have it for her!


I keep learning from Myah. There are so many things that she indicates to me that she loves or likes (or, conversely, is completely indifferent to) that help me guide my buying for her. Lately, it seems the foods I have gotten for her are way outside my price range for a sustainable diet for our beautiful girl! The latest is bison. Myah, as it so happens, loves bison. I guess Siberian Huskies used to take them down on the tundra? Either way, Myah loves Solid Gold Wolf King Bison dog food.

Because she continually comes back for it, Solid Gold Wolf King Bison dog food is only really brought down for me by its expense.

Basics

A single serving of Solid Gold Wolf King Bison dog food is a cup for a big dog like Myah and she is supposed to get two servings per day, so a fifteen pound bag does not last as long as I would want for the expense. Getting a month out of the $40 bag does not work for my budget as much as it does for Myah’s tastebuds. Each piece of Solid Gold Wolf King Bison dog food is a brown cylinder (not quite a ball-shape) that is very mealy in its texture, though they are hard. They are approximately 9/16" in diameter and 3/8” – ½” tall. They have a mealy appearance and are very hard. Myah often eats these a pellet at a time.

Ease Of Preparation

As a dry dog food, preparation of Wolf King is as easy as opening a bag and measuring out the pellets inside. There is no further prep needed.

Myah’s Reaction

Myah loves this food. I was worried that by the fourth bowl, she would be “done” with this. Instead, Myah has delighted bowl after bowl of this dog food. She clearly loves the taste, as I have seen her lick this dog food before she chews it up and eats it! I’ve never seen a dog do that before, but she does that frequently.

Nutrition

Solid Gold Wolf King Bison dog food smells slightly meaty and is made with real bison. Made primarily of bison, ocean fish meal and brown rice, the ingredients are almost all natural. According to the guaranteed analysis, Solid Gold Wolf King Bison dog food has at least 22% crude protein, 9% crude fat, but no more than 4% crude fiber and 10% moisture. As a dry dog food, it is highly recommended that you have adequate water available for your dog when serving it Solid Gold Wolf King Bison dog food.

Overall

Solid Gold Wolf King Bison dog food is a great, but expensive, dog food that Myah eats as much as she possibly can she loves it so much!

For other dog food reviews, please be sure to check out:
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Natural Chicken And Brown Rice Recipe
Purina Pro Plan Chicken & Rice Shredded Blend
Iams Proactive Health Lamb & Rice dog food

7.5/10

For other pet product reviews, please check out my Pet Review Index Page by clicking here!

© 2012 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment