Thursday, November 24, 2016

Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean Mint Toothpaste Delivers Decent Results!


The Good: Tastes good, Cleans teeth well, Inexpensive, Stops oral irritation
The Bad: Does not whiten teeth noticeably.
The Basics: Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean Mint toothpaste is good, but not truly exceptional on the whitening front.


When it comes to toothpastes, I have surprisingly little brand loyalty. Given that I do not have any form of dental insurance, I will try anything that claims to promote good dental health and strengthen my teeth to keep them clean and healthy. The latest toothpaste I have tried in my quest to keep my teeth strong and clean is Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean Mint Toothpaste. And after a few weeks of use, it does appear like the Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean Mint Toothpaste works!

My wife and I purchased the 4.3 oz. tube of Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean Mint, which lasted about a month when using it twice daily. The key selling points of the toothpaste were the tartar control, anti-cavity, breath freshening and teeth whitening aspects, though the latter was not the best execution of the idea. After three and a half weeks of using Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean Mint twice a day, I noticed less yellow on my teeth, which confirmed that whitening aspect of the toothpaste was working, but it was not a truly noticeable difference; it's not like my teeth were especially yellow beforehand!

Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean Mint is an inexpensive, but generally effective, toothpaste with several selling point functions. It comes in a classic tube design with a plastic top that unscrews from the tube. The 4.3 oz. tube is five inches long by two inches wide and it tapers near the end with the nozzle. When the cap is unscrewed, there is a hard plastic nozzle which directs the product out of the tube and onto one's toothbrush. Toothpaste is easily dispensed from this type tube by flattening the plastic tube from the bottom toward the top and this also allows the user to get the most out of it.

To use Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean Mint, simply dispense a small amount onto the bristles of a toothbrush and bring the brush up to your mouth and spread the toothpaste over teeth using the brush. Then agitate the toothpaste into a foam to clean teeth entirely and expectorate the product (the process takes about a minute). Rinse mouth to remove any excess toothpaste and theoretically, the process should be complete and your teeth ought to feel wonderful.

The reason I continue to use Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean Mint is that it seems to work very well and it did not taste bad. Unlike many whitening products, there was no chalky flavor to this toothpaste. Since starting to use this toothpaste, I have developed no cavities and there has been no noticeable tartar or plaque build-up on my teeth. Add to that, my teeth have gotten marginally lighter, though only a little bit.

Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean Mint significantly freshens breath. The toothpaste tastes minty, with a mild peppermint flavor. It has an instant cooling effect to it that makes my whole mouth taste fresh and clean. The taste of mint is appropriately strong and the intensity of the toothpaste is refreshing. It instantly makes my teeth, gums, tongue, cheeks and throat feel cool and fresh!

Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean Mint cleans incredibly well and does appear to do what it promises in terms of protecting teeth as well, even it if is not the most potent teeth whitener.

For other oral care products, please visit my reviews of:
Listerine Zero Clean Mint Mouthwash
Oral-B Glide 3D White Floss Picks Radiant White
Crest Be Dynamic Lime Spearmint Zest Toothpaste

8/10

For other health and beauty reviews, please visit my Health And Beauty Review Index Page for an organized listing!

© 2016 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment