Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Myah Seems Unable To Fatten Up On Rachael Ray’s Nutrish Healthy Weight Turkey & Veggies Dog Food!


The Good: Very nutritious, Myah eats it enthusiastically.
The Bad: Comparatively exceptionally expensive.
The Basics: Myah endorses Rachael Ray Nutrish Healthy Weight Real Turkey & Veggies Recipe adult dog food, though my bank account cannot justify the expense of it!


Has anyone ever told you that if you could only eat your favorite food for the rest of your life, you would get sick of it? I hear that all the time, but there are about five foods that never – not once – sound bad to me (excepting, of course, when I have already gorged myself!). I think that my dog, Myah, has the opposite view. Whenever I get her a 20 lb. bag of food, she never seems excited about it by the end of the bag, even going a day or two without touching her food (she more than makes up for it on treats and getting (grumble!) food she begs from me). So, when Myah was being finicky in the wake of my wife leaving for work for the summer, I broke out the Rachael Ray Nutrish Healthy Weight Real Turkey & Veggies Recipe adult dog food she bought before she left.

I’m not big into trends and I had low expectations given that Myah was utterly indifferent to the vastly overpriced Rachael Ray Nutrish Just 6 Lamb & Rice Dog Food (reviewed here!). She did, however, initially devour the Rachael Ray Nutrish Healthy Weight Real Turkey & Veggies Recipe adult dog food when I set it out for her and that makes me very happy, given that she had been more moody than normal without my wife here to work with her. What makes me thing, though, that Myah will get sick of anything that is not new and different is that as we near the very end of the package of Rachael Ray Nutrish Healthy Weight Real Turkey & Veggies Recipe dog food, she has only eaten it with reluctance and a facial expression that almost screams, “Do I have to?”.

Rachael Ray Nutrish Healthy Weight Real Turkey & Veggies Recipe dog food is a tough sell for me. The fourteen pound bag costs as much as the crunchy dog food Myah likes that I can add boiling water to to make gravy. That said, to give credit where credit is due, Rachael Ray Nutrish Healthy Weight Real Turkey & Veggies Recipe dog food does not smell bad. It actually smells like real, baked turkey! As well, the crunchy pellets help to remove plaque and tartar from Myah’s teeth. Moreover, because she does eat this food with such enthusiasm, it actually seems to work like it promises!

A single serving of Rachael Ray Nutrish Healthy Weight Real Turkey & Veggies Recipe dog food is six ounces, so a fourteen pound bag does not last as long as I would want for the expense. Each piece of Rachael Ray Nutrish Healthy Weight Real Turkey & Veggies Recipe dog food is a tan speckled sphere approximately 3/8” in diameter. This makes them very much bite sized and smaller dogs can probably handle it as well as Myah does. Myah often eats several of the pellets at once.

Rachael Ray Nutrish Healthy Weight Real Turkey & Veggies Recipe dog food does not just smell good, it is actually very nutritious. Made primarily of turkey, turkey meal and brown rice, the ingredients are about half natural before becoming a chemistry equation I can only assume has to do with preserving the food and keeping it formed. According to the guaranteed analysis, Rachael Ray Nutrish Healthy Weight Real Turkey & Veggies Recipe dog food has at least 26% crude protein, 8% crude fat, 1.5% Linoleic Acid, 1.1% Calcium , but no more than 6% crude fiber and 11% moisture. As a dry dog food, it is highly recommended that you have adequate water available for your dog when serving it Rachael Ray Nutrish Healthy Weight Real Turkey & Veggies Recipe dog food.

Rachael Ray Nutrish Healthy Weight Real Turkey & Veggies Recipe dog food has kept Myah’s weight constant and, despite how expensive it is, it actually seems to deliver. When Myah is being picky and will not eat anything else, it is nice to know the culinary “big guns” still work!

For other dog food reviews, please be sure to check out:
Purina One SmartBlend Lamb & Rice
Mixables Colorado Cookout
Purina Pro Plan Chicken & Rice Shredded Blend

6/10

For other pet product reviews, please check out my Pet Review Index Page by clicking here!

© 2012 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment