Monday, November 5, 2012

Fresh And Delightful, Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint Tastes Like Normal Toothpaste, But Works Like A Premium Product!


The Good: Keeps teeth wonderfully clean, Tastes good, Leaves teeth feeling fresh and clean
The Bad: A little more expensive than many toothpastes.
The Basics: Powerful with its cleaning power, Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint also leaves breath fresh and the mouth tasting great!


Toothpaste . . . what can one say about toothpaste? In the case of Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint toothpaste there is plenty to say. Unlike the Clean Cinnamon flavor (reviewed here!), Clean Mint tastes great, cleans teeth incredibly well and leaves the mouth feeling fresh for quite a decent amount of time.

I purchased the 6 oz. tube of Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint toothpaste a month ago, since giving up on the Clean Cinnamon flavor last month. I brush first thing in the morning and right before bed at night (at least). Fortunately, the Clean Mint toothpaste breaks up the morning scum mouth feeling and leaves one’s mouth feeling clean for several hours on end. This is an extraordinary Crest toothpaste!

Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint is a highly enriched, active toothpaste. It comes in a classic tube design with a plastic flip-top lid at the top. The 6 oz. tube is made of a standard flexible plastic that tapers near the end with the nozzle. When the cap is flipped open, there is a hard plastic nozzle which directs the product out of the tube and onto one's toothbrush. Toothpaste is easily dispensed from this type tube by flattening the plastic tube from the bottom toward the top and this also allows the user to get the most out of it.

To use Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint, simply dispense a small amount onto the bristles of a toothbrush and bring the brush up to your mouth and spread the toothpaste over teeth using the brush. Then agitate the toothpaste into a foam to clean teeth entirely and expectorate the product (the process takes about a minute). Rinse mouth to remove any excess toothpaste and the process should be complete.

Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint is exceptional at what it does. The packaging promises that it will fight cavities, gingivitis, plaque, sensitivity, tartar, and freshen breath all while whitening teeth! To date, it does appear to live up on all of those fronts! I have not had any cavities since starting to use the Clean Mint. The thing is, I didn't suddenly develop any cavities for the week where I used a toothbrush alone. In order to objectively test the effectiveness of any toothpaste, I’ll spend a week each year brushing with only water. In that week, I did not develop any problems (at least oral care problems!). However, I did notice a difference between my oral health between the week I used water alone and the weeks since, when I have used Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint. The reason for this is that Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint does so much.

Clean Mint tastes strongly of peppermint. The flavor spreads through the entire mouth, rapidly. Even better, the mouth this toothpaste is used in remains fresh tasting for about two hours, if one does not eat.

The Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint has a significant grit to it, so I can also see quite clearly how it removes plaque and tartar build-up from my teeth. The result is that Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint physically cleans my teeth as well as antiseptically cleans my teeth as well.

Whitening is often a sore spot for me because I usually see little difference between before and after shots of my teeth as far as whitening goes (and it’s not because they are blindingly white!). But with Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint, I have seen a much nicer sheen on my teeth. My teeth are brighter and whiter; what yellowing they possessed has diminished since I started using this toothpaste and that is quite something as far as I am concerned. I, alas, did not have any sensitivity prior to starting to use Clean Mint Crest Pro-Health, so I cannot comment on how effectively this lives up to its promises on that front, though I do suspect it lives up because it performs so well on the other fronts.

I have, however, noticed that Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint is a bit more expensive than other toothpastes in Crest’s line and other toothpastes. I find one gets what one pays for with toothpastes, though, and in the case of Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint, this toothpaste seems to live up on all fronts and it is the type of toothpaste that makes it matter less that I have not been to the dentist in over a decade! A good toothpaste will help maintain good dental health and Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint seems to do that quite nicely.

Crest Pro-Health Clean Mint keeps teeth clean and strong, and it tastes incredibly while doing everything it does and for quite some time afterward!

For other Crest toothpastes, please visit my reviews of:
Kid's Crest Sparkle Fun Cavity Protection Toothpaste
Pro-Health Night Clean Night Mint
Extra Whitening

9.5/10

For other health and beauty reviews, please visit my index page on the subject by clicking here!

© 2012 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment