Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Slowly Whitening My Teeth And Keeping Tartar Away, Crest Clean Mint Extra Whitening Works!


The Good: Tastes good, Effective against tartar, Actually whitens teeth, Inexpensive
The Bad: Does not whiten teeth as fast as I would have liked.
The Basics: Crest Clean Mint Extra Whitening with tartar protection does an amazing job of keeping teeth clean, breath fresh and whitens teeth, though not as fast and significantly as I hoped.


As I begin to write a load of new reviews of various products, I am excited to try some new things. One of them is Crest Clean Mint Extra Whitening with tartar protection toothpastes. Previously, I have only reviewed the basic Crest Cool Mint Gel Cavity Protection toothpaste (reviewed here!) and a pretty foul Kiss My Face Aloe toothpaste (reviewed here!). So, I figured it was about time that I review a toothpaste that I would actually recommend. For that, I went with Crest Clean Mint Extra Whitening with tartar protection as it truly seems to work.

I purchased the 6.2 oz. tube of Crest Cavity Protection Clean Mint Extra Whitening with tartar protection about two months ago and since then my wife and I have been using it pretty steadily. More than any other toothpaste I have used in recent memory, this toothpaste has encouraged me to keep using it with regularity, because I believe it has been working. After about two weeks of using it twice a day, I began to notice less yellow to my teeth, which made me believe the whitening aspect of the toothpaste was working!

Crest Clean Mint Extra Whitening with tartar protection is an inexpensive, but surprisingly effective toothpaste with several selling point functions. It comes in a classic tube design with a plastic top that unscrews from the tube. The 6.2 oz. tube is eight inches long by two inches wide and it tapers near the end with the nozzle. When the cap is unscrewed, there is a hard plastic nozzle which directs the product out of the tube and onto one's toothbrush. Toothpaste is easily dispensed from this type tube by flattening the plastic tube from the bottom toward the top and this also allows the user to get the most out of it.

To use Crest Clean Mint Extra Whitening with tartar protection, simply dispense a small amount onto the bristles of a toothbrush and bring the brush up to your mouth and spread the toothpaste over teeth using the brush. Then agitate the toothpaste into a foam to clean teeth entirely and expectorate the product (the process takes about a minute). Rinse mouth to remove any excess toothpaste and theoretically, the process should be complete and your teeth ought to feel wonderful.

The reason I continue to use Crest Clean Mint Extra Whitening with tartar protection is that it seems to work. Since starting to use this toothpaste, I have developed no cavities and there has been no noticeable tartar or plaque build-up on my teeth. Add to that, my teeth have gotten lighter. Crest Clean Mint Extra Whitening with tartar protection only whitened my teeth about one shade on the color shade chart after two months use.

Add to that, Clean Mint Extra Whitening with tartar protection significantly freshens breath. The toothpaste tastes minty, like a blend of peppermint and wintergreen. It has an instant cooling effect to it that makes my whole mouth taste fresh and clean. The taste of mint is appropriately strong and the intensity of the toothpaste is refreshing. It instantly makes my teeth, gums, tongue, cheeks and throat feel cool and fresh. After brushing with Crest Clean Mint Extra Whitening with tartar protection, my mouth left me feeling quite a bit more confident about doing such basic things as kissing my wife. Usually, when I take Myah out in the morning, I'll brush with this to come back to bed with my wife and not wake her with morning breath!

All in all, Crest Extra Whitening works and all that keeps it from being a perfect toothpaste is the fact that it does not work as fast as I would have hoped it would on the whitening front. At least it whitens some, while keeping one's mouth feeling clean and fresh.

For other mouth care products, please visit my reviews of:
Listerine Total Care Fresh Mint mouthwash
Crest Whitening Rinse
OxyFresh Dental Gel

8/10

For other health and beauty reviews, please visit my index page on the subject by clicking here!

© 2011 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment