Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Utterly Disappointing, The Scotch 3M 30-Sheet Mini Lint Roller Fails To Remove Lint!


The Good: Easy to use, Inexpensive
The Bad: Entirely ineffective against dog hair and most lint.
The Basics: The Scotch 3M 30-Sheet Mini Lint Roller left my wife and I hairy and distressed.


My wife and I like to look good – her more than me – and she usually takes very little to look absolutely amazing. I, on the other hand, am happy to go out as a schlub. However, I have been going on many job interviews lately and as a result, I have needed my clothes to look good. Between her and I and the fact that we have a Siberian Husky and two cats, we have needed a good lint roller. Unfortunately, the Scotch 3M 30-Sheet Mini Lint Roller is not a good lint roller.

The Scotch 3M 30-Sheet Mini Lint Roller is a tiny lint roller with disposable sticky patches designed to get lint and hair off clothes. It fails.

Measuring 6 ¼” long with a drum that is 1” in diameter, the Scotch 3M 30-Sheet Mini Lint Roller is a light black plastic handle with a rotating drum for the actual lint roller. The lint roller is essentially like a roll of paper towels (though much smaller) on its own handle where the “towel” is sticky and is used to adhere lint and hair to it in order to clean up clothes. Each of the sticky sheets on the Scotch 3M 30-Sheet Mini Lint Roller is a white tape square 3” tall and 2 3/4" wide. The piece of tape is somewhat stretchy when it is off the roll.

To use the Scotch 3M 30-Sheet Mini Lint Roller, simply remove the top layer of sticky tape and grab the light plastic handle with one hand. Then press the drum with the sticky tape on the clothes that have lint, dust, or hair on them. Gently pressing the Scotch 3M 30-Sheet Mini Lint Roller on clothes while letting the drum rotate should allow the user to remove lint and hair from their clothes. Unfortunately, while the first layer of dust and a little bit of lint might come up using the Scotch 3M 30-Sheet Mini Lint Roller, it leaves quite a bit more in the way of hair and lint. I wear a lot of dark clothes. My Siberian Husky gets a lot of light hair on them and, frankly, it is obvious when a lint roller works. Sadly, this one did not.

When one has gotten as much of the lint off one’s clothes as one can with the Scotch 3M 30-Sheet Mini Lint Roller, simply remove the outer layer of the sticky tape. I’ve never gotten more than one pass with the mini lint roller. Unfortunately, that cleans off, at best, a single sleeve. And it does not clean the sleeve off well. After a pass – or more – I have found my clothes still have hair and lint. The concept works, but the execution of this product does not.

Because of how ineffective the sticky patch is on the Scotch 3M 30-Sheet Mini Lint Roller, no matter how inexpensive they are, it is not worth picking this up.

For other laundry-related reviews, please visit my reviews of:
Xtra Lavender & Sweet Vanilla Laundry Detergent
Febreeze Air Effects Limited Edition Falling Leaves & Spice
Frigidaire FTF2140ES Tumble Action Frontloading Washer

1/10

For other home and garden product reviews, please visit my Home And Garden Review Index Page for an organized listing!

© 2013 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment