Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Wonderful Laundry Detergent That Affordably Cleans Clothes: Xtra Lavender & Sweet Vanilla Impresses!


The Good: Cleans clothes well, Nice scent, Inexpensive
The Bad: Scent does not endure on clothes at all!
The Basics: Xtra Lavender & Sweet Vanilla is a wonderful laundry detergent that almost makes doing laundry fun!


Right before my wife and I moved out to Michigan, I did some serious stocking up on staple items. For the first time in our relationship, we were moving to a place where we would have unfettered, easy access to a clothes washer and dryer 24/7 and we were psyched. So, I stocked up on laundry detergent. My wife and I are very clean people, so it says a lot that it has taken me from the end of August until now to get all the way through the 175 fluid ounce jug of Xtra Lavender & Sweet Vanilla laundry detergent I picked up for us!

Xtra Lavender & Sweet Vanilla cleans clothes without fading them. This particular detergent advertises the inclusion of Escape fabric softener right in the detergent and I have noticed our clothes are very soft, even when we do not use fabric softener dryer sheets in our drying cycle. We have used Xtra Lavender & Sweet Vanilla for six months and my only real complaint with it is that for such a vibrant-scented detergent, it does not transfer that scent to clothes. For sure, clothes come out smelling clean, but they do not carry the scent of lavender or vanilla, so this detergent just makes the room smell nice when doing laundry, as opposed to the clothes smelling nice after they come out or while they hang in the closet. This is, however, a minor niggle for a great product!

Xtra Lavender & Sweet Vanilla is an opaque lilac colored detergent. It smells clean and vibrantly like lavender. Actually, the scent is instantly triggering a scent memory in me for a candy, but for the life of me right now, I cannot place what the confection is. Perhaps it is the clove-scented candy hearts around Valentine’s Day . . .

I liked Xtra Lavender & Sweet Vanilla and it did what it promised. No matter how soiled or stinky our clothes were going into the wash, they always came out clean and smelling clean with the Xtra Lavender & Sweet Vanilla. Given that 175 fl. oz. lasted us six months, Xtra Lavender & Sweet Vanilla laundry detergent is an exceptional value well worth recommending!

For other laundry-related reviews, please be sure to visit my reviews of:
Woolite Extra Dark Detergent
Frigidaire FTF2140ES Tumble Action Frontloading Washer
Whirlpool WED9400S Electric Clothes Dryer

9/10

For other household cleaners, please visit my Tools And Cleaners Review Index Page for an organized listing!

© 2013 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment