Friday, January 11, 2013

Gollum Survives His First Bath In Years, Smelling Delightful Thanks To Sergeant’s Coconut Berry Flea & Tick Shampoo For Cats!


The Good: Great scent, Inexpensive enough, Decent medicinal properties
The Bad: Doesn’t relax cats at all
The Basics: Gollum smells great after I used Sergeant’s Coconut Berry Flea & Tick Shampoo For Cats on him and it is an easy product to recommend.


Cats do not like baths, obviously. The last time I bathed my cats, I did not actually do it; my mother did. It was after my house fire and Brillo and Gollum smelled like creosote and I was afraid for their lives. My mother bathed them in the kitchen sink and, after five or six attempts, they came out smelling just fine. My wife mentioned to me that Gollum was looking a bit dander-covered and she was having an allergic reaction to him. So, as a surprise to her tonight, I got out the bottle of Sergeant’s Coconut Berry Flea & Tick Shampoo For Cats that came with her when we married.

The Sergeant’s Coconut Berry Flea & Tick Shampoo For Cats came in an 18 oz. bottle and my wife absolutely swears on its medicinal properties. I used the Sergeant’s Flea & Tick squeeze-on medicine on Myah (that’s reviewed here!), but Gollum has not had fleas for years. So, whether that aspect of this shampoo works, I take on faith from my wife, who used it on her prior cats and had good results.

So, this was my first time bathing a cat and I got through it remarkably unscathed. The Sergeant’s Coconut Berry Flea & Tick Shampoo For Cats is a light, translucent purple color. With enough water, the shampoo lathers up exceptionally well. Getting Gollum to sit still for the ten minutes it took to drench him enough to get the shampoo to lather up took some doing. However, agitating the shampoo on his fur produced a lather that was light and foamy.

Rinsing the Sergeant’s Coconut Berry Flea & Tick Shampoo For Cats was surprisingly easy once it was worked into an appropriate lather. It smelled good (not at all medicinal) and it took only three bowls full of water to wash off the fourteen pound cat that is Gollum. That the shampoo rinses out fairly easily is a key selling point as it is virtually impossible to get a cat to sit still while pouring water over them, so the fewer times one has to, the better.

Hours after being so washed, Gollum continues to smell like coconut and blueberries. This has intrigued Myah, our Siberian Husky, and I have been surprised by how well the aroma has endured on his fur. The Sergeant’s Coconut Berry Flea & Tick Shampoo For Cats got all of Gollum’s fur clean and great-smelling. For those who have to bathe their cat, it is hard to imagine a better shampoo than this!

For other animal care products, please check out my reviews of:
Lipiderm Liquid Catnip
Cat litter scoop
Cat's Pride Scoopable cat litter

9/10

For other pet products, be sure to visit my Pet Review Index Page for an organized listing!

© 2013 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment