Sunday, August 19, 2012

Making Life Easier, If Not Smelling Better, Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner Works Well!


The Good: Cleans hair, Lathers well, Decent conditioning properties!
The Bad: Expensive! No recognizable scent.
The Basics: Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner works better than most 2-in-1’s, but did not do anything extraordinary in terms of hair scent.


While my wife has been away for the summer, I have been known to cut some corners. Time is, as one might guess, one of my most precious resources and so when I can save time on mundane tasks, I do what I can to do that. The last few weeks, as I work to make the move to Michigan, that has meant that I am using a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner on my hair! I’ve been using Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner. While before I have reviewed a Pantene shampoo (here!) and a conditioner (here!), this was the first time I had reviewed a Pantene 2-in-1 (it’s actually the first 2-in-1 I think I have reviewed!

Outside the expense, the only real problem with Pantene Pro-V's Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner is that it does not have a strong scent. I like products that produce a decent scent memory or trigger one that I already have. Alas, Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner is not ideal for that. After only a week, my hair was noticeably cleaner and manageable than it was before.

Using Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner leaves hair clean, without any noticeable residue. The moisturizing properties of this shampoo and conditioner are almost immediate. Within a week, I noticed my hair was more manageable as well as cleaner.

I tend to like shampoos that both clean and leave hair smelling good. The Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner did the former well, but the latter abysmally. The Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner has a mildly medicinal smell to it. The medicinal smell washes out after the conditioning is done and it leaves my hair without any scent in it.

Since I began washing my hair with the Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner, my hair has never gotten back to dry and cracking, as it was a few weeks ago when I was using just a shampoo.

With a cost of approximately $10.99 for a 33.8 oz. bottle, Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner is comparatively expensive. The bottle is smooth and is more flat than round. When wet, it slips out of the hands easily. The cap has a flip-top that makes it very easy to get the shampoo/conditioner out with only one hand. As well, the large cap makes it even easier, though because the hole is still fairly small, there is no waste from the bottle.

Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner is a white, opaque shampoo/conditioner that is creamy and smooth. It has a nonwatery consistency and while it is not especially thick, it does not need to be watered down to get the most out of the product.

Like most hair care products, there is nothing mysterious to using this product. You wet your hair, lather it up, let it set for a few minutes and rinse. Most Pantene products I can get away with using about a quarter-sized drop and that is so with Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner. This may or may not be indicative of all the Pro-V line, but I quickly discovered that a quarter-sized dollop of the 2-in-1 in my hand easily lathered up to be able to work through all my hair. I have long hair and Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner lathered up incredibly to clean and condition all of my hair.

As a shampoo, this has an excellent lather quality. It took very little to work it up to a lather and that lather spreads into the hair and cleans amazingly. Indeed, with average usage, the product was one of the easiest shampoos I have used to spread through my hair. This required very little agitation to lather it properly and the results were spectacular, especially for the minimal effort.

This 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner rinses out incredibly easily, as well. When I am in a hurry and can only wash my hair, the Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner rinses out very quickly and leaves my hair very clean and conditioned. Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner requires almost no effort to rinse out, making is a quick shampoo/conditioner to apply and rinse out.

Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner does not make my hair feel heavy when it is still wet, and once dry, the shampoo and conditioner lives up to its promise of moisturized, healthy-looking hair. Moreover, it does not dry out my hair, nor does it leave it with any greasy residue.

Despite its expense, for those who are not huge fans of well-scented products, Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Solutions 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner can really save time and help with the appearance of one’s hair!

For other shampoo reviews, please check out my analysis of:
Suave Refreshing Waterfall Mint Shampoo
VO5 Kiwi Lime Shampoo
Bigelow Mentha Hair Mint Shampoo

7/10

For other health and beauty reviews, visit my index page here for an organized listing of the products I have reviewed!

© 2012 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.

| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment