Monday, August 13, 2012

It’s Like A Handy Wipe For Stains! Shout Wipe & Go Instant Stain Remover Wipes Work!


The Good: Powerful stain-fighting abilities, Easy to use
The Bad: Expensive, Environmentally unsound.
The Basics: Shout Wipe & Go Instant Stain Remover Wipes are pre-moistened towelettes for fighting stains that work ridiculously well!


My wife knows that I am a bit of a slob when it comes to stains. I’m not the kind of person who drops food all over, but sometimes, I get a little lazy when a dollop of ice cream gets on my t-shirt (I’ll gladly remove the primary matter immediately! But the part that seeps in, I tend to leave until the clothes get washed) or I’m eating tacos. While I might be occasionally messy, our dog Myah shows no regard for the things around her when she is eating. As a result, there were more stains on fabrics and rugs around out house before my wife went away for the summer for work. So, before she left, she picked up a pack of Shout Wipe & Go Instant Stain Remover Towelettes for me to use while she was gone.

Shout Wipe & Go Instant Stain Remover Wipes come in a box of twelve for $5.99 (locally), which I think is a bit pricy both in dollar value and environmental cost. The box of ten is essentially a box of pre-moistened towelettes that are exclusively for use on fabric (I always recommend washing your hands after using these towelettes to prevent skin irritation or drying. In their packs, the Shout Wipe & Go Instant Stain Remover Towelettes are a discrete 3” by 2 1/4" by 3/16” thick flexible pack. The actual wipes are easy to access as one need only tear open the package and unfold the white, mesh-like cloth. Unfolded, the towelette is 6” by 5”.

What are Shout Wipe & Go Instant Stain Remover Wipes? They are like baby wipes for one's clothing. Use of these wipes is ridiculously easy: remove the wipe from the box, tear open the package, unfold and rub on the stained area. It is that easy. Wipes may be thrown away after use. As long as you removed as much primary matter as possible prior to rubbing the Wipe on the stain, you should see crud on the white Wipe, but not on the surface you want cleaned!

As for the scent, Shout Wipe & Go Wipes have a neutral smell, with a slight afterscent of glue. In fact, they do smell somewhat like a gluestick (or paste stick, I suppose!). The Shout Wipe & Go wipes are not strongly scented and they do not leave any smell on the fabrics they clean.

With any wipes, one has to ask the fundamental question "does it work?" That depends on what one's expectation of this as a cleaner is. Wipes are traditionally good for cleaning up dirt where minimal scrubbing might be involved, the appeal being that the cleaner and the cloth are all in one and one does not need to worry about cleaning the cleaning cloth when one is done. In that regard, Shout Wipe & Go wipes are exceptional. With a single sheet, I have cleaned up rugs, pillows, the back seat of the car after Myah had most of a barbecue burger (but not the sauce), and several t-shirts. Each and every time, the Shout Wipe & Towelettes left the fabric I was cleaning exceptionally clean and the wipe itself utterly disgusting!

After all of the cleaning - much of which involved scrubbing - the wipes did not tear at all. This product has impressive durability. The Shout Wipe & Go wipes also did a decent job of retaining the food, dirt, and grime they captured.

Ultimately, I consider Shout Wipe & Go Instant Stain Remover Wipes as little better than glorified wipes because I am just as happy to spray Shout onto clothes or upholstery and scrub with a brush or cloth. I prefer the environmentalism and lowered expense of that method. Even so, when I’ve traveled lately, I cannot deny that the Shout Wipe & Go Instant Stain Remover Wipes have come in real handy!

For other cleansers, please visit my reviews of:
Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets
Speedy White Hearth & Ceramic Glass Cleaner
Method Pink Grapefruit Cleaning Wipes

5/10

For other home and garden reviews, please visit my index page by clicking here!

© 2012 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment