Friday, August 31, 2012

Exceptional Cleaning Power And A (Mostly) True Scent Make Suave Professionals (For) Men Deep Clean Peppermint Shampoo A Must-Buy!


The Good: Inexpensive, Great scent, Wonderful cleaning power, Good ingredients.
The Bad: Slight interference in the scent that prevents it from being completely true, No accompanying conditioner!
The Basics: A wonderful shampoo, Suave Professionals Men Deep Clean Peppermint Shampoo is well worth buying!


I am, I am certain it is obvious to my regular readers, a cheapskate when it comes to health and beauty products. I want to look clean (good is really dependent upon the day!) and as a result, I tend to gravitate toward brands like Suave and VO5. Lately, I’ve been enjoying exploring new products and scents a little bit more, so I’m willing to pay a little bit more to try some of the new, premium, products from the inexpensive brands. One of the ones I was most eager for was the Suave Professionals Men Deep Clean Peppermint Shampoo.

Since moving to Michigan, I have needed to work to keep my hair clean; unpacking boxes and the moving truck is seriously sweaty work and Myah has been enjoying exploring the nearby pine forest, so sap in hair has become a real syndrome for me! And yet, switching to Suave Professionals Men Deep Clean Peppermint Shampoo has actually, genuinely (unfathomably!) kept my hair clean. Despite the increased physical role and environmental changes, Suave Professionals Men' Deep Clean Peppermint Shampoo has come through to keep my hair clean, manageable and smelling great!

Deep Clean Peppermint shampoo by Suave Professionals Men has effectively wowed me. Truth be told, I was prepared to be wowed when I first opened the bottle and the shampoo smelled so good and, as far as useage, I was thrilled with it from the first use when it cut through sweat and grease in my hair and replaced it with clean hair (and scalp) that smelled great. This shampoo is inexpensive, smells wonderful, leaves no residue and leaves my hair clean and light. It is one of the best shampoos I have ever used and it makes it very easy to recommend it.

Suave has been expanding its line of inexpensive shampoos and conditioners and has been entering new shampoos to the market in their "Suave Professionals Men" line, which is intended to compete with higher priced shampoos that use all-natural ingredients. In most markets in the United States, Suave Professionals Men shampoos and conditioners may be found on sale for $1.99 - $2.49 for a 12.6 fl. oz. bottle. Deep Clean Peppermint shampoo is one of the first outings in the Suave Professionals Men line which explicitly tries to compete with American Crew (which, believe it or not, I had never heard of until I picked up this bottle). The 12.6 fl. oz. bottle is a flattened tube bottle with a flip-top lid that is easy enough to open with one hand. Because it is not contoured extensively, the bottle gets slippery when wet. Even so, the bottle is very stable when one gets down to the last of its contents, it is quite easy to get the rest of the product out of the bottle.

The lid is a standard flip-top lid and even when the bottle is wet, there ought to be no problem with using one's thumb to flip the top. Despite the fact that Suave's Deep Clean Peppermint shampoo uses a pressure ring to hold the cap on, there is little chance of flipping the whole cap off the bottle. As a result, Deep Clean Peppermint is easy to dispense and store with little waste or risk of accidents.

Inside the bottle is the Deep Clean Peppermint shampoo and it is a completely translucent gel. This shampoo has good leg and is more viscous than watery. The scent is an intriguing scent which is exactly what the shampoo promises it to be. This smells like peppermint. However, the more I used it, the more I noticed an additional scent in the smell palate and it reminded me of a cologne. That muskier scent prevents the shampoo from being a true, perfect, peppermint scent and while it is not bad, it is distracting to me as a lover of pure mint.

When in the shower and one's nostrils are opened by the steam (I tend to like very hot showers) this shampoo diffuses exceptionally well. Thus, in the shower, one has showers that smell of a peppermint factory. The scent is very rich, classic and clear!

When it comes to use, this is a simple shampoo and one need only flip the lid and dispense a small amount into the palm of the hand before applying it to the hair. The Deep Clean Peppermint shampoo requires only about a quarter-sized dollop to clean a full head of hair. This lathered up remarkably well, which meant I could get away with using less of it. I have long hair and as a result, shampoo can be an annoying expense when the shampoo I am using does not lather up and clean well.

In the case of the Deep Clean Peppermint, it lathers up wonderfully, such that a quarter-sized dollop can easily stretch to coat a very full head of hair, like mine. Used judiciously thus, the 14.5 oz. bottle may easily last a full month with daily hair washings. This makes its value a little greater than some shampoos I've recently tested and a pleasure to use.

And, quite simply, as a shampoo, it works. Hair comes out looking and feeling cleaner after its use than before. I think the most objective test for a shampoo is to see if hair is cleaner using the shampoo vs. rinsing your hair with water alone and for the basic functioning of a shampoo the Deep Clean Peppermint shampoo lived up to that basic litmus test.

I tend to like shampoos that leave my hair smelling delightful, like whatever scent they have lured me in with. Given that, Deep Clean Peppermint shampoo was a pleasant surprise. My hair comes out light and manageable and after twenty hours, both my wife and I were able to find the scent still lingering there (though not when I was unpacking the Uhaul in the sun!). My hair was not weighed down with any grease or residue and the scent was not at all overbearing, but my hair had the faint peppermint scent and was quite clean.

Deep Clean Peppermint Shampoo has no discernible conditioning properties. There is, alas, NOT a separate conditioner that has the same scent. As it stands, Deep Clean Peppermint works fine as a day to day shampoo that will clean your hair and it leaves a bold scent in the hair, even if one needs to stick their nose right in to get it. On the plus side, with hair this clean, it is hard not to want to stick your nose right in!

For those looking for an affordable option with professional results, Suave Professionals Men provides with their Deep Clean Peppermint Shampoo, which smells strongly of mint and lightly of a masculine cologne.

For other mint-scented personal cleaners, be sure to visit my reviews of:
Suave Limited Edition Peppermint Shimmer Body Wash
Bath & Body Works Sassy Strawberry Mint 3-in-1
VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Shampoo

8.5/10

For other haircare products, please check out my index page!

© 2012 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment