Thursday, November 28, 2013

Myah’s Accidents Are Easily Cleaned By Woolite Pet Urine Eliminator!


The Good: Eliminates odors quite well, Cleans stains well!
The Bad: Does not prevent resoiling.
The Basics: Woolite Pet Urine Eliminator works well . . . for the things it is designed to, but is not the ultimate pet odor cleaning product.


Lately, I’ve been working at nights on Friday nights when my wife works and no one has suffered more than my beautiful Siberian Husky, Myah. Myah is a five year-old Siberian Husky and she has spent so much time with me in the last two years that she truly does hate to be alone. As a result, the last few weeks when she has had a single night (only six hours) home alone, she has gotten upset and peed on our carpet. It tends to be in one spot and even though I always give her a bathrooming opportunity before I leave, she has had an “accident.” To clean up when I get home, my wife and I got a bottle of Woolite Pet Urine Eliminator.

Woolite's Pet Urine Eliminator comes in a 22 oz. bottle with a spray trigger top. The nozzle ends in a simple, pretty standard, rotating cap that offers two spraying options: Off and Spray. The "Off" function locks the trigger and prevents anything from being sprayed. This is handy for those who have children kicking around who might otherwise enjoy getting into a bottle like this. So long as the kid has a short attention span, this will thwart them from spraying the product around. The "Spray" setting creates a fine mist that dusts a decent area, about six inches square when held a foot away. The "Spray" function creates a wide dispersion of the Woolite Pet Urine Eliminator and that works fine for covering the soiled areas (which are very easy to see with a light carpet!).

The actual product is a clear, slightly yellow, liquid with a faint smell to it. The scent is inoffensive and almost unnoticeable and it is a very clean smell. This smells very much like a cleaner. Having had plenty of this stuff on my skin - including in an open wound on my hand - I can honestly say that it does not irritate the skin.

The directions for use are ridiculously simple. After blotting up the excess urine, spray the Woolite Pet Urine Eliminator on the spot where the fluid had been. Let the Woolite Pet Urine Eliminator set for about five minutes and then blot up the wet spot. I’ve found it helps to hide the spot by being sure to vacuum the previously-spoiled when it dries (usually the next morning).

The directions also recommend testing the product on a discreet area to make sure that it does not have an effect on color fastness of the fabric being sprayed. I've yet to find a fabric that bleeds when this is used on it, though I’ve only used it on the carpet in our apartment.

This is a remarkably easy product to use. I twist the cap to the spray setting (yeah, I keep it "Off" otherwise, though I don't know why) and spray it exactly as it mentions on the bottle. This does not foam up when it hits dog urine, which surprised me. There is no apparent chemical reaction to the Woolite Pet Urine Eliminator and dog urine. However, it works perfectly well!

The Woolite Pet Urine Eliminator removes all pet urine smell. There is, by smell (and feel after it dries), not even a hint of dog urine on the rug.

Unfortunately, the product does nothing to truly discourage Myah from peeing on the rug in the exact position come the next Friday! Some of the better pet cleaners manage to discourage resoiling, but the Woolite Pet Urine Eliminator does not do that.

The Woolite Pet Urine Eliminator lasts a decent amount of time. The 22 oz. bottle has lasted me a month and a half, which is decent considering Myah is a larger breed than the cocker spaniel my wife brought to our marriage originally!

Woolite Pet Urine Eliminator is a good cleaner, but not a flawless or truly exceptional one that is absolutely indispensible. Still, it is useful and can help make owning a dog a lot less stressful than without it!

For other household cleaners or pet care products, please check out my reviews of:
Speedy White Hearth & Glass Cleaner
Flexi 10' Leash
Four Paws Wire Rake Pooper Scooper

6/10

For other pet products, please check out my Pet Products Review Index Page for an organized listing!

© 2013 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment