Saturday, July 15, 2017

Doing What It Promises, At A Price: Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair!


The Good: Effectively cleans hair, Leaves hair with a pleasant and subtle scent, Decent lather quality
The Bad: Comparatively expensive, No conditioning properties (which is not really an issue for a shampoo!)
The Basics: Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair does all that it claims to and has a decent scent, but costs a little more than other shampoos and more effectively strips away build-up, as opposed to making hair healthier.


In recent years, the lines between shampoos and hair conditioners have been blurred. "Conditioning" shampoos or shampoos that promise results more traditionally associated with conditioners - revitalizing, strengthening, etc. - are at the core of the changing expectations for hair care products. Sometimes, it helps to be reminded of what the reasonable expectations are from a product before I sit down to review it because I recognize that I had some expectations that were not met . . . but not through the fault of the product. That certainly occurred when I started to consider Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair. I suspect that I found myself coming down hard on Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair because, for the price, I expected some conditioning properties to the shampoo, when the truth is this is a perfectly good hair cleaning product that does all it explicitly promises.

Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair is a shampoo intended to restore hair that has become greasy to a drier state. To that end, the Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair worked perfectly. And the Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair even had an enduring, if subtle, scent, that turned out to be a pleasant surprise for me. But, to objectively review the Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair, I made sure not to use any conditioner for two washings with the shampoo and the results were very clear; my hair was noticeably drier, slightly less manageable, and a bit more fragile than when I used the shampoo with conditioner. In other words, the Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair was an ideal shampoo for stripping away all of the build-up and residue I had in my hair, to effectively clean it, but it did not do anything to strengthen, protect or revitalize the stripped-back hair.

I tend to like shampoos that both clean and leave hair smelling good. The Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair did both incredibly well. After my first use of the shampoo, my hair was perfectly cleaned and smelled clean and neutral. What impressed me the most, though, was how well the shampoo deposited a subtle scent into my hair. Try as I might, after the second time I used the Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair, I could not smell anything in my hair (I have long hair, so it was easy enough to bring hair from my pony tail forward to my nose to smell). I cooked bacon after my hair was dry and could smell bacon in the air still when I asked my wife to smell my hair. She instantly said, "Lavender!" and continued to stick her nose closer to my scalp to inhale deeply. While I might not have been able to smell it, she easily did and the scent from the essential oils in the Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair clearly kept my hair from smelling like bacon grease and gave it a decent herbal scent!

With a cost of approximately $11 for an 8 fl. oz. bottle, Maple Holistics Lavender is comparatively expensive. The opaque bottle is very smooth and can get slippery when wet. Inside the bottle, the Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair is a surprisingly fluidic shampoo that is a pearlescent white color. Right out of a bottle, the Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair smells delightfully herbal, smelling precisely like the lavender it promises. The scent effervesces nicely in a hot shower.

Because of its very fluid nature, the Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair lathers up exceptionally well. After simply wetting one's hair, the shampoo lathers up nicely. This shampoo recommends letting the lather stay on hair for two to three minutes and when one does that, it very effectively cleans away all residues in the hair and infuses hair with a very subtle lavender scent from root to tip. Because it agitates into such a nice lather, I managed to get away with one good squeeze of shampoo (approximately a quarter-sized dollop, though it is fluidic enough that is spread the moment it hit my hands) for my full head of hair, which includes a decent amount of length in the back.

Because of the wonderful lather quality of the Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair, the shampoo rinses out of the hair incredibly easily. When I am in a hurry and can only wash my hair, the Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair rinses out very quickly and leaves my hair perfectly clean. The shampoo alone leaves the hair without a noticeable scent - my wife claims it is there, but I don't smell it. Conversely, this shampoo alone did not allow other, usually intrusive, smells to scent my hair - usually cooking bacon, for example, makes my hair smell like bacon. After using the Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair, the surface of my hair smelled neutral still, but apparently deeper in smelled like the lavender that the shampoo possessed in the shower. The Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair required almost no effort to rinse it out, making it a quick shampoo to rinse out.

The Maple Holistics Lavender Shampoo For Dry Hair does not make my hair feel heavy when it is still wet, and once dry, the shampoo my hair was very dry with no build-up or residue. This shampoo cleaned hair exceptionally well, even if it left me genuinely needing to use a conditioner.

For other shampoo reviews, please check out my analysis of:
Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo
Just For Men ControlGX Grey Reducing Shampoo
Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Energy Orange Ginger Body & Shine shampoo

8/10

For other health and beauty reviews, visit my Health And Beauty Index Page for an organized listing of the products I have reviewed!

© 2017 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment