Sunday, July 2, 2017

Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo Works In A Decent, If Unextraordinary, Way!


The Good: Effectively repairs dry and damaged hair, Cleans hair exceptionally well
The Bad: Mediocre lather quality makes use more expensive, No recognizable scent.
The Basics: Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo is a good shampoo, but it takes a bit more to use than some similar shampoos.


When I sat down today to review Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo, perhaps what surprised me most was that I had not before reviewed any Dove shampoos. I like Dove products (in general) and I was pleased with the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo, but for what it does, it has a slightly higher cost of usage than many similar shampoos. That said, for an unscented shampoo, the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo is making me pretty happy with the results!

Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo is a conditioning shampoo that does all that it promises. My hair was quite a bit cleaner, less dry and more manageable after using the Intensive Repair Shampoo for only a few consecutive showers. This shampoo, even without a conditioner, always left my hair perfectly clean. The cleaning and conditioning properties of the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo are respectable and noticeable.

I tend to like shampoos that both clean and leave hair smelling good. The Dove Intensive Repair shampoo did the former well, but the latter poorly. After my first use of the shampoo, my hair was perfectly cleaned and smelled clean and neutral. I am a big fan of scents that remind me of good memories, but the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo does not leave a noticeable scent; it only leaves the hair clean.

On the plus side, the Intensive Repair Shampoo lived up on its promises to strengthen and repair hair. Since I started using it, the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo has adequately protected my hair from breakage, while restoring the bounce and shine to my hair. My hair no longer has split ends or other damage since I started using the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo.

With a cost of approximately $6.99 for a 20.4 fl. oz. bottle, Dove Intensive Repair is comparatively expensive. The bottle is smooth and is more flat than round. When wet, it slips out of the hands easily. The cap has a flip-top that makes it very easy to get the shampoo out with only one hand, despite the potential slippage.

Interestingly for a shampoo that leaves almost no real scent, coming out of the bottle the Dove Intensive Repair smells faintly of vanilla and blueberries. The scent is exceptionally mild and does not endure, but it smells good and not at all chemical as it comes out of the bottle.

Dove Intensive Repair is a white, opaque shampoo that is creamy and smooth. It has a non-watery consistency and it is one of the thickest shampoos I have ever used. In fact, the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo has such a mediocre lather quality and is so thick that it takes a bit more to use than most repairing shampoos. While one simply wets their hair, lathers it up with the shampoo and rinse, agitating even a lot does not make a rich lather; this shampoo acts almost like a conditioner instead of a shampoo. As a result, I have to use almost two half-dollar-sized dollops of the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo to clean my hair.

Despite the generally poor lather quality of the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo, it rinses out of the hair incredibly easily. When I am in a hurry and can only wash my hair, the Dove Intensive Repair shampoo rinses out very quickly and leaves my hair perfectly clean. The shampoo alone leaves the hair without any scent, so there is nothing to rinse out beyond the shampoo itself. The Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo required almost no effort to rinse it out, making is a quick shampoo to rinse out, at least.

The Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo does not make my hair feel heavy when it is still wet, and once dry, the shampoo lives up to its promise of moisturized, healthy-looking hair. This is a shampoo that actually repairs hair and makes it more manageable, just like it is supposed to!

For other Dove product reviews, please check out my analysis of:
Mandarin & Tiare Flower Body Wash
Rebalance Plum & Sakura Blossom Body Mist
Nourishing Hand Wash

7/10

For other health and beauty reviews, visit my Health And Beauty Index Page for an organized listing of the products I have reviewed!

© 2017 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment