Thursday, March 9, 2017

R.I.P. Myah: Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses Treats Were One Of Myah's Final Favorites!


The Good: Good ingredients, Good dental benefits, Myah truly loves them
The Bad: Does not have a noticeable aroma (marginal breath improvement benefits), Somewhat expensive comparatively
The Basics: Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses dog treats were a great crunchy treat that helped Myah keep her teeth clean and rewarded her for her incredibly good behavior!


Today is a very sad day for my family. For the past five and a half years, Myah has been my steadfast companion. The truth is, I did not want a new dog after my wife's dog, Mitzie, died. My wife, however, wanted a big dog and when we had the opportunity rather abruptly to take in a Siberian Husky as a rescue, we leapt on the opportunity. My wife convinced me to open my heart and the first day Myah was with us, she was very much on edge, so I took her for a walk . . . which ended up being a ten mile hike. That began Myah and I bonding and despite the fact that my wife wanted Myah in our lives, I quickly became Myah's person. When my wife took a job out of state, Myah and I spent months working together - she came with me to my writing job each day and had her own little place in the office! - before we moved out to be reunited with my wife. Myah and I have been companions and since our last vacation when Myah had a rotten experience at Deerfield Dog Lodging (reviewed here!), Myah and I have not been apart for more than ten hours . . . and it was rare that we were apart even for eight hours (as I rarely ever sleep that long).

Over the last twenty-four hours, Myah experienced a profound deterioration. Over the night, she became incontinent, incredibly thirsty, and it did not take long before she was unresponsive to her own name. Myah experienced kidney failure and rather than allow her to suffer at all, this morning my wife and I did the responsible thing for such a loyal and loving companion as Myah and we eased her out of her pain humanely. While there are several products that Myah leaves behind that she formed strong opinions on, one of the last treats she actually truly loved were the Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses treats we picked up at our local discount store.

Myah quickly fell in love with the Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses dog treats when she was given them upon returning nightly from her bathrooming. Myah quickly fell for the Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses dog treats and they were a treat that I had a lot of fun giving to her as they had fun animal (and heart) shapes, with which I could play with her before dispensing the treat.

Basics

We picked up the 20 oz. box of Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses dog treats on sale for $3.99 at our local discount store during one of their sale days and it turned out to be one of the best deals we ever got for Myah! The Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses dog treats are hard little heart-shaped treats and bigger animal and heart-shaped treats. Whenever the bag was opened, the Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses treats emitted only the faintest aroma of peanut butter and meat (which is odd because there is no meat, nor any meat ingredients, in these treats). The Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses snacks vary in size from almost 3" by 3" animal shapes like the bunny down to 1" by 1" heart shapes. All of the Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses treats are 3/8" thick. The surface of these Blue Dog Bakery treats are hard and grainy, much like virtually every classic dog treat (like Milkbone). The treats are hard and crunch when Myah bites into them. Despite the size, Myah eagerly devoured any of these treats, regardless of how big they were!

Ease Of Preparation

This is a ready-to-eat dog treat and only requires one to open the bag inside the box to dispense. The box has a flap which allows the consumer to close is, but it would be hard to imagine how these would be different if they got hard and stale!

Myah’s Reaction

The hard Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses dog treats do not noticeably freshen Myah's breath given they have virtually no aroma. Despite that, Myah's breath became fresher with daily Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses dog treats because they very effectively cleaned her teeth. The hard quality of the dog treats physically removed plaque and food from her teeth, which helped to clean her teeth.

Myah loved the Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses dog treats. Whenever she would come inside from pooping and was offered one of the Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses dog treats, her tail would wag and she enthusiastically licked her lips for the treats. As I would tease Myah with noises of the animal depicted on the dog cookie, Myah would lean forward eagerly for the treats. Myah exhibited a very clear preference for the Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses dog treats.

Nutrition

The Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses dog treats are very healthy. With at least 9% crude protein, 6% crude fat and no more than 2% crude fiber and 8% moisture, the Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses treats offer some decent nutrition to dogs. Made primarily of unbleached wheat flour, whole wheat flour and blackstrap molasses, I was impressed by how the Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses dog treats are made of entirely recognizable ingredients. These treats do not have any recognizable preservatives and they have a surprisingly limited shelf life. As with all dog treats, it is highly recommended that when you give your dog Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses treats, you make sure they have a decent supply of clean water available. Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses treats are not intended to replace dog food. The box we bought for Myah in January had an expiration date of June 16, 2017, but fortunately Myah made it through the box in advance of her expiration.

Overall

I cannot imagine that I won't stop missing Myah any time soon. Myah has been my companion and I have been her primary person in a way I never was to any of my past animals. Even as I miss Myah, I know that she had a pretty exceptional life filled with wonderful products. Blue Dog Bakery Peanut Butter & Molasses dog treats were one of the last great treats she fell in love with and would recommend to other dogs!

For other products Myah loved, please visit my reviews of:
The Honest Kitchen Grain Free Base Mix
Hartz Pink Bear Precious Pals
Kong Double Chews Retriever Rolls

8/10

For other pet products, be sure to visit my Pet Review Index Page for an organized listing!

© 2017 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment