Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Floral Shampoo That Works! Free Me Freesia Shampoo Is A VO5 Success!


The Good: Smells great, Cleans hair, Inexpensive
The Bad: Does not condition
The Basics: VO5's Free Me Freesia shampoo continues the company’s winning tradition of creating shampoos that clean well and smell great!


With summer upon us, there are three types of reviews I find myself writing more of: movie reviews (Summer Blockbuster Season this year is bigger than ever), Christmas ornaments (Hallmark release weekend is coming right up!), and body cleaning supplies! Something about summer makes me wash my hair quite a bit and with that, I have found a number of good cleaners strip away grease and sweat, but do not dry out hair. VO5 Free Me Freesia is one of the good cleaners.

I expect a good shampoo clean my hair and leave it smelling great and VO5 Free Me Freesia does all that. My basic philosophy on shampoo is this: I want something that is inexpensive as possible that makes me feel like my hair is clean. Period. That's it. I'm not paying a ton of money on something I'm just washing down the drain (literally). I believe, therefore, that the VO5 Free Me Freesia Herbal Escapes Shampoo might well be one of the best shampoos for normal hair out there.

With a cost of approximately $1.50 for a 15 oz. bottle, Free Me Freesia is certainly a value. The bottle is smooth and does not have any ribbing or other texturing to it, so it does slip out of the hands easily, which is not great for a product one is using in the shower. The cap has a flip-top that makes it very easy to get the shampoo out with only one hand. I've found that once the bottle is half empty, it's easy to do this one handed without dropping the bottle.

The scent from Free Me Freesia is a delightfully floral scent. This shampoo smells like a blend of lilacs and vanilla and while I have not encountered that exact combination anywhere else, it works nicely with this shampoo. In fact, this intriguing scent effervesces in the shower nicely and makes the shower smell like a nature preserve, a conservatory, or a fancy spa!

Like most shampoos, there is nothing mysterious to using this product. You wet your hair, lather it up with this shampoo (I use about a quarter-sized drop of the shampoo and I have long hair), and rinse. There have been one or two times I've repeated, but for the most part, this product leaves one's hair feeling light and clean after the first rinse, assuming one rinses thoroughly. This shampoo rinses out rather well and leaves the hair with a mild scent of lilacs and vanilla that lasts about an hour in normal activity. When my hair is seriously greasy or otherwise dirty, I do have to do two passes with this shampoo.

Some reviews criticize how short the duration of the scent is, but that is not the case with the Free Me Freesia Herbal Escapes shampoo. While the scent often wears off within an hour, when I’ve double-washed with it or conditioned using the Free Me Freesia Conditioner, the scent has endured for at least four hours, which can make one’s hair into a delight for you or anyone close to you!

Even better, Free Me Freesia shampoo does not dry out my hair, nor does it leave it with any greasy residue. It's a perfectly balanced product for normal hair, just as it advertises. I think that makes for a near perfect shampoo. A bottle goes a long way. One bottle lasts me about a month and if I can escape with paying only $20.00 a year for shampoo, that's pretty wonderful.

If I could get away with that, I'd be thrilled. VO5 has a separate conditioner that runs about $1.50 a bottle as well. While the shampoo does not dry out my hair, it also does not protect it, which pretty much necessitates getting the conditioner as well. It would be nice if they came together, but . . .

Even on its own, Free Me Freesia is a wonderful shampoo well worth trying for those who love their hair, but don’t want to pay a lot to show their hair the love!

For other VO5 shampoo reviews, please check out my takes on:
Cashmere Shea
Moisture Milks Strawberry & Cream
Tangerine Tickle
Nourishing Oasis Energize & Volumize
Honeydew Smoothie
Sun-kissed Raspberry
Healthful Green Tea Tea Therapy
Vanilla Mint Tea Tea Therapy
Nectarine Orange Surge
Kiwi Lime Shampoo
Split Ends Anti-Breakage Shampoo
Passion Fruit Smoothie Moisture Milks Shampoo
Blackberry Sage Shampoo

8/10

For other health and beauty product reviews, please be sure to visit my index page on the subject by clicking here!

© 2013 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment