Friday, November 9, 2012

Near-Perfect Steak Knives, The J.A. Henckels International Stainless Steel 8-Piece Steak Knife Set Lives Up!


The Good: Remains sharp for years, Steel does not rust, Comfortable grip, Grip does not wear
The Bad: Blades can warp.
The Basics: The J.A. Henckels International Stainless Steel 8-Piece Steak Knife Set is the best set of steak knives I have ever purchased!


When it comes to steak knives, there are a few things I have learned over the years. In fact, almost all that I have learned about steak knives has come from my experiences with the steak knives I bought after my divorce about seven years ago. Those were the J.A. Henckels International Stainless Steel 8-Piece Steak Knifes. This set of eight steak knives actually has endured better than any I have had before.

Each knife in the J.A. Henckels International Stainless Steel 8-Piece Steak Knife Set is 8 5/16”. Created with a single piece of metal, each knife in the J.A. Henckels International Stainless Steel 8-Piece Steak Knife is forged so the handle and knife are completely connected, which prevents any form of wear that makes the handle come loose from the actual blade. The teeth on the J.A. Henckels International Stainless Steel 8-Piece Steak Knives have remained perfectly sharp for the past seven years. I have not had any form of meat these knives cannot cut through, even after seven years.

Cleaning these knives is exceptionally easy; they are dishwasher safe and they never rust.

The only drawback I have found with these knives is that, after several years, three of the eight blades have begun to warp slightly. The handles have all remained straight and the grips are surprisingly comfortable for a stainless steel grip. Even the few blades that have slightly curved have remained perfectly functional.

I’ve yet to find a better set of steak knives in the longterm than the J.A. Henckels International Stainless Steel 8-Piece Steak Knife Set.

For other kitchen product reviews, be sure to visit my reviews of:
Sterlite 0627 White Large Sink Set
Brita Water Filter 42629 Slim Pitcher
Buffy The Vampire Slayer Pint Glass Set of 4

9/10

For other kitchen product reviews, check out my Home And Garden Product Review Index Page for an organized listing!

© 2012 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment