Saturday, March 17, 2012

Crest Pro-Health Night Clean Night Mint Toothpaste Delivers All It Promises!


The Good: Keeps teeth wonderfully clean, Tastes good
The Bad: A little more expensive than many toothpastes.
The Basics: Strong and flavorful, Crest Pro-Health Night Clean Night Mint manages to be an all-around dental health winner!


It has been a while since I have been passionate about a toothpaste such that I actually want to write about one. Fortunately for Crest, a company which wowed me with neither its Cool Mint Gel toothpaste (reviewed here) nor its Whitening Rinse (reviewed here!), Crest Pro-Health Night Clean Night Mint actually impressed me. Because I have such rigid standards for toothpastes, it takes a lot to get me to rave about a toothpaste, but Crest Pro-Health Night Clean Night Mint is one worth writing about, even if it is a little more expensive than many other toothpastes.

My wife and I purchased the 6 oz. tube of Crest Pro-Health Night Clean Night Mint toothpaste about a month ago and we have been using it daily. Because of how clean this toothpaste leaves our teeth feeling, we are inclined to use it more than just at night, which is promoting much better dental health than I have had in a while! My wife’s teeth are flawless as ever.

Crest Pro-Health Night Clean Night Mint is a highly enriched, active toothpaste. It comes in a classic tube design with a plastic top that unscrews from the tube. The 6 oz. tube is made of a standard flexible plastic that tapers near the end with the nozzle. When the cap is unscrewed, there is a hard plastic nozzle which directs the product out of the tube and onto one's toothbrush. Toothpaste is easily dispensed from this type tube by flattening the plastic tube from the bottom toward the top and this also allows the user to get the most out of it.

To use Crest Pro-Health Night Clean Night Mint, simply dispense a small amount onto the bristles of a toothbrush and bring the brush up to your mouth and spread the toothpaste over teeth using the brush. Then agitate the toothpaste into a foam to clean teeth entirely and expectorate the product (the process takes about a minute). Rinse mouth to remove any excess toothpaste and the process should be complete, leaving your teeth feeling wonderful.

Fortunately, Crest Pro-Health Night is exceptional at what it does. The packaging promises that it will fight cavities, gingivitis, plaque, sensitivity, tarter, and freshen breath all while whitening teeth! To date, it does appear to live up on all of those fronts! I have not had any cavities since starting to use the Clean Night Mint. The thing is, I didn't suddenly develop any cavities for the week where I used a toothbrush alone. In order to objectively test the effectiveness of any toothpaste, I’ll spend a week each year brushing with only water. In that week, I did not develop any problems (at least oral care problems!). However, I did notice a difference between my oral health between the week I used water alone and the weeks since, when I have used Crest Pro-Health Night Clean Night Mint. The reason for this is that Crest Pro-Health Night Clean Night Mint does so much.

First, Clean Night Mint significantly freshens breath. The paste tastes minty, like a combination of spearmint and wintergreen. After brushing with Crest Pro-Health Night Clean Night Mint, my mouth did felt fresher and my breath has improved dramatically. The Crest Pro-Health Night Clean has a little grit to it, so I can also see quite clearly how it removes plaque and tartar build-up from my teeth. The result is that Crest Pro-Health Night Clean Night Mint physically cleans my teeth as well as antiseptically cleans my teeth as well. The result is that my mouth feels fresh and delightful while my breath gets an instant burst of mint. On average, without eating anything, my mouth retains a minty taste for an hour after using this toothpaste and about two hours thereafter where my mouth still feels fresh.

Whitening is often a sore spot for me because I usually see little difference between before and after shots of my teeth as far as whitening goes (and it’s not because they are blindingly white!). But with Crest Pro-Health Night, I have seen a much nicer sheen on my teeth. My teeth are brighter and whiter; what yellowing they possessed has diminished since I started using this toothpaste and that is quite something as far as I am concerned. I, alas, did not have any sensitivity prior to starting to use Clean Night Mint Crest Pro-Health Night, so I cannot comment on how effectively this lives up to its promises on that front, though I do suspect it lives up because it performs so well on the other fronts.

I have, however, noticed that Crest Pro-Health Night Clean Night Mint is a bit more expensive than other toothpastes in Crest’s line and other toothpastes. I find one gets what one pays for with toothpastes, though and in the case of Crest Pro-Health Night, this toothpaste is giving me the psychological wherewithal to go out with confidence, even though I have not been to the dentist in over a decade! A good toothpaste will help maintain good dental health and Crest Pro-Health Night seems to do that quite nicely.

Crest Pro-Health Night keeps teeth clean, fresh and strong, which is not something all toothpastes do (even though they all seem to promise that). That makes it, despite the expense, well worth the buy in my book!

For other mouth care products, please visit my reviews of:
Biotene Fresh Mint Dry Mouth Toothpaste
Kiss My Face Triple Action Toothpaste
OxyFresh Dental Gel

8.5/10

For other health and beauty reviews, please visit my index page on the subject by clicking here!

© 2012 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment