Monday, October 23, 2017

Silkience Bath And Shower Shea & Cocoa Butter Body Wash Is Disgusting!


The Good: It does not cost much
The Bad: Absolutely disgusting scent (vomit), Poor lather quality, Not antibacterial, No scrubbing grit
The Basics: Silkience Bath And Shower Clean & Simple Shea & Cocoa Butter Body Wash smells like barf . . . so there's not much more that actually needs to be said about it.


Every now and then, I experience a product that it does not pay to make a sophisticated review of. These type of products have a glaring issue with them that overwhelms any other aspect and makes the product unbuyable. There was, for example, a hot chocolate I once reviewed that tastes more or less like battery acid. Nothing else mattered about it. So it is with Silkience Bath And Shower Shea & Cocoa Butter Body Wash. Silkience Bath And Shower Shea & Cocoa Butter Body Wash smells like vomit. It smells like vomit in the bottle, it smells like vomit in the shower, it smells like bile on the skin.

I, sadly, purchased a bottle of Silkience Bath And Shower Shea & Cocoa Butter body wash while on the road last weekend for a convention. I needed body wash and at the dollar store where I purchased it, it seemed to smell fine. But no, the moment I opened it in the shower, I gagged. It smelled like vomit.

I used the Silkience Bath And Shower Shea & Cocoa Butter Body Wash for three days/showers. When I returned home to my wife and tried to get close, she noticed that my skin smelled different (something it never has before when I've returned to her). It is quite possible the Butyrospermum Parkii in the body wash causes the smell because there is a derivative acid that some in the vaping world assert smells/tastes like vomit. I don't care to dig that deep; it smells like vomit.

How is the lather quality? Who cares?! It smells like bile. (The lather quality is quite poor, though, necessitating an above average amount on one's skin to try to clean it)

Is it effective at cleaning? Who could tell; it leaves skin smelling like vomit.

Is it expensive? No, not really, but what price would you put as "good" on a product that made your skin smell like barf? I paid more than zero dollars, which, frankly, is more than I would usually pay for anything that left my skin smelling like any other bodily fluid.

There may be a multitude of products using shea and cocoa butter that leave skin smelling clean and wonderful. This product is not one of them. Don't waste your money: Silkience Bath And Shower Shea & Cocoa Butter Body Wash has a simple, fatal, flaw that makes it unbuyable: it smells like vomit.

For other body washes, please be sure to check out my reviews of:
Olay Cooling White Strawberry & Mint Body Wash
C.O. Bigelow Mentha Body vitamin body wash
Dove Mandarin & Tiare Flower Body Wash

0/10

For other health and beauty product reviews, please visit my Health And Beauty Review Index Page for an organized listing!

© 2017 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment