Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Expensive And Costly Again, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Normal Hair Fortifying Shampoo Is Just Pricey.


The Good: Cleans effectively (eventually), Does not smell bad
The Bad: Scent is not evocative or distinctive, EXPENSIVE, Higher cost of use to actually clean.
The Basics: Garnier Fructis's Pure Clean Normal Hair Fortifying shampoo is a very basic shampoo that Garnier makes users pay a high price for (relative to the quality).


When it comes to cost, most people consider only the price tag one pays at the store. I, especially in my role as a reviewer, have to consider the cost of usage, though. Truth be told, I live pretty inexpensively and most of my splurges are for products that I intend to review. So, when I saw the Pure Clean Normal Hair Fortifying shampoo from Garnier Fructis on clearance recently, I knew I would be reviewing it and I couldn't just consider the clearance price when considering its overall cost. Sadly, not a day has gone by when I have used it that I have not considered how the value of the clearance price was not actually a good deal; it takes almost twice as much (two latherings) to actually get my hair clean with this shampoo. Thus, the cost of usage is quite a bit higher than any number of less expensive shampoos I regularly purchase.

I tend to stick to brands I know and like, even if I try their new products, and Garnier Fructis is well known as a quality brand. Their reputation was one of the big reasons I was eager to try the bottles of Pure Clean Normal Hair Fortifying Shampoo, despite its name not giving anything away about its scent and not being immediately drawn to the aroma when the bottle was opened. This shampoo cleaned, so long as the hair was not entirely greasy, and did not leave any scent on the hair. Moreover, while showering, the shampoo barely had a scent to it.

Garnier Fructis shampoos are part of an expensive line of hair care products that tend to be found for an average price of $4.00 per 13 oz. bottle in most markets in the United States. The bottles are flat on the sides and tapered at the top, which makes them easy to hold when wet. Pure Clean Normal Hair Fortifying is a light green translucent shampoo that has good viscosity and is very much the a standard Garnier Fructis shampoo as far as consistency goes. The Pure Clean Normal Hair Fortifying shampoo comes with a flip-top cap for easy access to the shampoo with one hand while in the shower.

Pure Clean Normal Hair Fortifying is a shampoo, so there is no trick to using it. Simply place a dollop on your hand and rub it into your wet hair until it lathers up. Then rinse and repeat if necessary. I have long hair and I usually can get away with a quarter-sized dollop to clean my hair with most shampoos. Unfortunately, this requires user use two quarter-sized dollops, rinsing in between. As a result, the bottle lasts less than a month, which is faster than it ought to have.

The Pure Clean Normal Hair Fortifying Shampoo does not claim to do anything other than clean hair, which it does when one uses it twice in one shower. This Fortifying shampoo cleans, but after a week and a half of use, I noticed no change in how strong my hair was, nor was it more manageable. As well, this shampoo did not have any conditioning properties, like healing split ends.

That said, in normal daily use, this was not a horrible shampoo. It does what it promises in terms of cleaning hair.

As far as the scent goes, Pure Clean Normal Hair Fortifying has almost no scent and the scent it has is pretty much indescribable. The shampoo smells vaguely citrusy, like the afterscent of limes on a glass. The rest is a pretty soapy smell. The smell does not effervesce in a hot shower and it does not linger in the hair after it is rinsed out.

On the positive side, it does rinse out of my hair remarkably easily. This shampoo may not be superlative, but it leaves no oily or heavy residue or obtrusive scents. But for the money, one hopes for more.

For other shampoo reviews, please check out my takes on:
Suave Professionals Black Raspberry + White Tea Shampoo
Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Energy Orange Ginger Body & Shine shampoo
Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo

4/10

For other health and beauty product reviews, please be sure to visit my Health And Beauty Review Index Page for an organized listing!

© 2015 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.
| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment