Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Wonderful Treat That Keeps Myah Busy, Waggin’ Train Wholesome Pork Skin Twists Wrapped With Duck Jerky With Chicken Liver Deliver!


The Good: Our dog likes them, Freshens breath and cleans teeth as the product promises to, Keeps Myah occupied, Nothing bad in them, Affordable!
The Bad: None that I can find!
The Basics: Myah was kept busy for the bulk of our recent move by Waggin’ Train Pork Skin Twists Wrapped With Duck Jerky With Chicken Liver!


Recently, I moved with my animal family from New York State to Michigan and as I prepared for the move, I was nervous about the act of moving my pets, Myah (our Siberian Husky) and Gollum (our little black cat)! Myah had been hard to travel with since she was fixed. I loathed the idea of a thirteen hour drive with her whining the whole time. Gollum, who whined the moment he was put in the U-Haul cabin with us, was able to ride in the car that we were towing. Myah, however, would have hurt herself or damaged the car (or both) under such circumstances. When I shared my anxiety with my wife, she told me to pick up something that would keep Myah busy for the drive. For that, I took a chance on the Waggin’ Train Wholesome Pork Skin Twists Wrapped With Duck Jerky With Chicken Liver treats!

Best chance I have taken in a long time!

The Big Blast treats from Waggin’ Train are a treat that seems to be trying to take over rawhide niche. Made of pork skin that is twisted, like rawhide, around a Duck Jerky and Chicken Liver center, I figured this would taste good to Myah. I like duck occasionally and I figured that she might as well! She certainly did! The Pork Skin Twists Wrapped With Duck Jerky With Chicken Liver is supposed to be difficult for the dog to chew, which helps them scrape the plaque and tartar off their teeth and take time to actually yield to them, which helps keep them busy and tucker them out. In addition to appearing to enjoy the Waggin’ Train Pork Skin Twists Wrapped With Duck Jerky With Chicken Liver, they cleaned Myah’s teeth and left her tired for most of the ride across the states!

The Waggin’ Train Pork Skin Twists Wrapped With Duck Jerky With Chicken Liver treats come in a 9.4 oz. package, which represents seven treats. Each treat is approximately 5” long and 3/4” – 7/8” wide. They are essentially cylindrical.

Because the rawhide wrap Pork Skin Twists Wrapped With Duck Jerky With Chicken Liver is too big to simply be swallowed, it effectively brushes the dog's teeth and tongue using friction whenever the dog bites into it to split it and swallows it, dragging the bolus across their tongue. This has had noticeable results with Myah. Myah's breath was not bad to begin with, but breath seemed fresher after two of these treats. Moreover, Myah clearly responded to the “reward center,” which is easier to eat and seemed to be a flavor she truly loved. And that it took her more than twenty minutes to get through each one certainly worked out well for me and our drive!

These treats are not bad for dogs and the package recommends that dog owners have clean drinking water available to their dog when they feed them this treat. This treat is a dietary supplement, not a full meal. Each Pork Skin Twists Wrapped With Duck Jerky With Chicken Liver has at least 55% crude protein, 5.5% crude fat, and no more than 1.5% crude fiber and 11% moisture, so those looking out for their dog's specific dietary needs, that might help. They are made primarily of pork skin, duck and chicken liver, so that might be why Myah went so eagerly for it! There are very few preservatives in each Pork Skin Twists Wrapped With Duck Jerky With Chicken Liver, though the bag I bought at the end of August had an expiration date of October 2013!

Myah loves this treat and they are now my “go to” when I need to keep her occupied. In every way, they are wonderful and exceptionally easy to enthusiastically recommend!

For other dog treat reviews, please check out my takes on:
Bark Bars Peanut Butter And Carob Chip
Mixables Grandma's Country Stew
Spearmint Booda Bones

10/10

For other pet product reviews, please click here to visit my index page on the subject!

© 2012 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.

| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment