Monday, June 13, 2011

On The First Use, Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner Shows Clear Results!



The Good: Awesome conditioning power!
The Bad: Expensive! No recognizable scent.
The Basics: A great, but overly expensive, conditioner, Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal works amazingly well!


Have you ever used a personal care product where the moment you use it, people actually notice whatever part of your body the item was designed for? It is rare for me to have that experience, especially with a hair care product. Don't get me wrong; I'm still thrilled by my V05 Tea Therapy conditioner I enthusiastically recommended some months ago. But while traveling recently, I ran out and had to use my wife's Pantene Pro-V products. She had just gotten in the Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal formulas that now have amino proteins to add strength to the hair. And while the shampoo (reviewed here!) might have been more average than anything else, the conditioner was anything but.

Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal conditioner was an extraordinary conditioner, taking my dried split ends and instantly moisturizing them for an appearance that was glossy, bouncy and light. My hair was instantly more manageable; the brush did not make any of the hair stand up or go in directions I did not want. In fact, after the shampoo cleaned the hair, the conditioner made it healthy-looking and lighter without weighing it down. In fact, there appeared to be no residues in my hair that made the hair more manageable, but it revitalized the dry portions of my hair beautifully!

I tend to like conditioners that both condition and leave hair smelling good. The Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal conditioner did the former well, but the latter neutrally, at best. After my first use of the shampoo and conditioner, my hair was perfectly cleaned and smelled clean, was more manageable and bouncy and bore a neutral smell of hair. After my first use of the shampoo and conditioner, my hair was clean, bouncy, more manageable and looked better. The result was so noticeable that my wife observed it. I tend to have hair that gets dry quickly when overwashed, so the idea of daily moisturizing was intriguing enough for me to try. Since I began conditioning my hair with the Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal conditioner, my hair has never gotten back to dry and cracking.

With a cost of approximately $5.99 for a 12.6 oz. bottle, Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal is quite expensive. The bottle is smooth and is more flat than round. When wet, it slips out of the hands easily. The cap has a flip-top that makes it very easy to get the conditioner out with only one hand. As well, the large cap makes it even easier, though because the hole is still fairly small, there is no waste from the bottle.

The scent of Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal is surprisingly neutral. In fact, there is no scent left on the hair after the conditioner is washed out. My wife and I tried to identify anything remotely recognizable in the scent. This conditioner smells like shampoo and the best analogy we could come up with was that it smells like Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo, only creamier. There is no scent outside "shampoo" and it does not linger in the hair at all when one washes it out. In fact, one of my problems with Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal is that it leaves no scent. I have discovered I enjoy conditioners that trigger a scent memory and the generic conditioner scent of this triggers nothing.

Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal is a white, opaque conditioner that is creamy and smooth. It has a nonwatery consistency and while it is not especially thick, it does not need to be watered down to get the most out of the product.

Like most conditioners, there is nothing mysterious to using this product. You wet your hair, or simply have it wet after rinsing out the last of your shampoo, and work the conditioner into the hair and rinse. Most Pantene products I can get away with using about a half-dollar-sized drop and that is so with the Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal. This may or may not be indicative of all the Pro-V line, but I quickly discovered that with a half-dollar-sized dollop of the conditioner in my hand, I was able to work it through all my hair. I have long hair and Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal conditioner coated all of my hair well.

This conditioner rinses out incredibly easily, as well. When I am in a hurry and have to wash and condition my hair with speed, the Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal conditioner rinses out very quickly and leaves my hair very clean. Moreover, the conditioner alone leaves the hair without any scent, so there is nothing to rinse out. The Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal required almost no effort to rinse it out, making is a quick conditioner to apply and rinse out.

When a product works this well, it is strange because there is actually so little to say about it. I don't like to spend a ton of time on my hair, but I like the results of a good conditioner or conditioner. The Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal is a great conditioner, but one pays for the quality and it seems like the conditioner associated with this does a lot of the work of moisturizing, as opposed to the conditioner. One pays a lot for a product that is ultimately more likely more adequate than actually extraordinary.

The Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal does not make my hair feel heavy when it is still wet, and once dry, the conditioner lives up to its promise of moisturized, healthy-looking hair. I almost wish I kept my lousy job in the harsh-hair environment (I worked in a factory for a while where brazing chemicals in the air stripped my hair and left it dry and brittle) just to see how this would hold up in hellish conditions, but in day-to-day use, this is a pretty wonderful and amazing conditioner.

And this does not dry out my hair, nor does it leave it with any greasy residue. It moisturizes well, though not well enough that it actually repairs the hair and protects it in the way a conditioner does.

What more can we ask of a conditioner that does all that it claims and then impresses us with the shine and bounce it leaves our hair with?

For other conditioner reviews, please be sure to see what I have to say on:
Suave Refreshing Waterfall Mist Conditioner
Sunsilk De-Frizz 24/7 Creme
VO5 Split-Ends Conditioner

8.5/10

For other health and beauty product reviews, please visit my index page on the subject by clicking here!

© 2011, 2009 W.L. Swarts. May not be reprinted without permission.

| | |

No comments:

Post a Comment